Dispatcher/Jailer Position AvailablePosted on March 20th, 2018
Town Hall is located at 126 N. Pearl Street. You can reach town hall by phone at (843) 672-7292 or via email at email@example.com.
NATURE OF WORK
Performs a wide range of general police work in the protection of life and property through the operation of communications and a detention facility on an assigned shift and as needed.
EXAMPLES OF ESSENTIALJOB FUNCTIONS
This list of essential job functions is not exhaustive.
- Receives and transmits messages pertaining to the law enforcement and other emergency services.
- Maintains radio log.
- Handles complaints in person and by telephone and maintains proper records.
- Receives and accounts for fine money.
- Processes tags, licenses, and criminal histories.
- Maintains the custody of prisoners by preparing meals, performs safety checks, and searches prisoners.
- Uses SLED terminal as required.
- Maintains files, jail book, and prisoner meal books.
- Completes incident reports and other reports.
- Performs all other duties as may be assigned to meet organizational needs.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES, AND SKILLS
- Must be available on an as needed basis.
- Ability to prioritize calls, handle situations at the same time, and respond quickly.
- Ability to maintain customer-focused relationships with co-workers, supervisors, agencies, the general public and all other internal and external customers. Personally demonstrates appropriate customer service skills.
- Ability to write legibly.
- Ability to operate computer and software to meet department needs.
- Complete training as required by the South Carolina Criminal Justice Academy and the Police Department.
- Ability to speak clearly and distinctly.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
- Ability to effectively convey concepts to the public and emergency personnel.
- Promote efficiency among co-workers and influence others regarding concepts, products, and service.
NECESSARY SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS
- Minimum age of 21 years.
- Eligibility as established by the South Carolina Criminal Justice Academy.
- Ability to perform medium work and to constantly exert sufficient force to lift , carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects weighing 40 to 60 pounds.
- May involve sitting, walking, or standing for extended periods of time.
- Ability to collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Interpret a wide variety of information presented by various outside sources and respond appropriately.
- Ability to perform routine math problems.
- Ability to read and interpret policy manuals, safety manuals, and other journals. Ability to write reports and forms with proper format, punctuation, and spelling. Ability to speak to individuals and groups with poise, voice control, and confidence.
- Ability to gather, collate, classify, and compute information. Ability to report on or carry out a prescribed action in relation to the information.
ESSENTIAL SAFETY FUNCTIONS
- Follows safety training and instructions.
- Complies with established policies, procedures, and safe work procedures.
- Properly wears and maintains personal protective equipment for their job.
- Immediately reports any unsafe work practices or unsafe conditions as well as on-the-job injuries or illnesses.